Master iOS 9, Swift 2 and build your first iPhone application
Learn how to work with Apple's fun new language "Swift", and go from a newbie to transforming your ideas into real apps
This course aims to show you that building IOS Apps with swift is fun and relatively easy. Learn how to create many apps using apples new language Swift. Each app will be a bit more complex, but we build it together step by step so theres no guesswork as to the process and what the code is doing. Some of what you will be leaning:
- The Swift language - we go from variables to creating our own functions and more
- Learning the ins and outs of Xcode 7 and its many attributes
- Working in storyboards and all it nuances
- How to use with controls / Outlets and Actions
- How to use logic for smooth control flow
- Using segues and passing data, in storyboards, and programmatically
- Using delegates and protocols
- Adding audio / Animations
- Working with the NSTimer class
- Using stackView
- The new safari view controller class
- Using core image
- Using core data
- Parse XML data for an RSS Feed App
- Implement a slide-out controller to use as a settings page or other data
- Learn the best Debugging Techniques
- Using core spotlight
- iAds - Learn how to add advertising to your apps
- Working with the many swift classes available to us
- Creating an iCloud app
- Using Push Notifications in an app
Swift is the new language of the future, And with this course you will get plenty of instruction on how to implement Swift code in unique ways, in an easy to understand step by step format. Everything is explained in detail so there's no guesswork as to how or why the code works the way it does, it just all makes sense, and is easy to implement, and before you know it you will have built yourself a wonderful working app that you can submit to the app store. This course assumes you have no programming experience, so its perfect for the beginner. Its also a nice fit for the intermediate as well, who is looking for unique coding ideas. By adding some of your own creativity and data, you will be transformed into an Apple Developer in a very short time.
Who should take this course?
This course is for those who are new to IOS developing and have a burning desire to get their own creative ideas translated into an app ready for the app store, and for the intermediate and advanced developer as well This is the perfect course if your coming from another language like Objective C or any other language, and you'll see how easy it is to transition to swift.
About the instructor
Hi my name is Stephen DeStefano, I am an Apple developer and have been creating apps for 5 years now, I have numerous apps in the app store, and i continue to stay current and grow with Apple as technology continues to evolve. My goal here is to create video instruction that makes it easy for students to work with Apple's new language called swift, and incorporate that knowledge into creating some pretty amazing apps for the apps store. If your thinking that its too difficult, then come code along with me and see how easy it is to pick this language up and turn your ideas into code, then into working apps.
Have successfully exited his startup in 2011. After joining Rakuten and Recruit helping in their corporate venture capital division. Masa have realised the critical issue of lack of vital education in Japan market. Which lead to go back to the start up scene building an ed-tech company BeSomebody.
BeSomeoboy focus on creating vital education online such as web programming, IOS programming and Excel.